Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In the beginning...

Pork Roast, Kartoffelklösse, Beans
It was all about my mom and her recipes. Then it was aunts, uncles, bothers sisters, family and friends. When does it end? So when researching old recipes many stories about the "good old days" were told. This lead to more research and experimenting with recipes, taking photographs, editing and printing the recipes.

At this time the digital camera revolution was taking hold. No more buying expensive film only to pay for processing when I was done. Desktop publishing was now affordable. Digital cameras with a whopping 2 megapixels, built in flash,  and auto focus were hitting the market. This was great in the beginning and then I realized that if I ever wanted to print the pictures I would need a much higher resolution camera. So I got a better camera. Then I realized that I would have to re-shoot the photographs taken with the previous camera. As each new camera came out I had to make a decision to buy it, or accept the current photograph quality. Not a chance! So now I'm at a whopping 10 megapixels. When will it end?

I kept making more and more recipes which were not always accurate, and some didn't really taste very good.

No comments: